Thursday, January 12, 2012

"Second Nature" free to read...

I've just posted my science-fiction romance, Second Nature, to a website called Wattpad. I'm a member of Romance Writers of America, and Wattpad was recommended in the latest issue of their monthly Romance Writer's Report as a good place to get oneself discovered by readers---it's got millions of them. I'm not making a cent on the experiment, but I uploaded the novel yesterday, and I've got 104 readers today. We'll see how it goes.

The three fattest pleats in the manifold game of selling storytelling are 1) generating a terrific story idea 2) writing the story, and 3) getting your completed story discovered. If a mighty sequoia comes crashing down in a forest and no set of ears is there to hear it, does it make a peep?

Thank the muses for the Internet, because it has given us writers a far greater chance (but not a guarantee) of getting noticed. Call it the age of digital "discoverability."

No comments:

Post a Comment